Welcome to DTE Gaming
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Path of exile (beta)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Arabth

Arabth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Steam:Arabth
Started play this a bit today so far fun the skill system seems nice, a diablo type of game otherwise having fun still with it

http://www.pathofexile.com/

im there as arabth atm is grouping and seem like some pvp put have not tryed it yet

Armgas

Armgas

Robot Veteran

• Veterans
  • 914 posts
Looks very much like diablo/torchlight hybrid with the modified economic system. Interesting.
Please do write a small review when you have played for a few days or maybe a week.

Hail the empire.
Screw the emperor.

Arabth

Arabth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Will do so in a week a will come with some more from it

term

term

Dark Tyrant

• Clan Members
  • 187 posts
I've played this a bit I'm around 30 now, The game is good. I tend to focus on the negative bits so here goes:

Skills are a little annoying, I played until about 24 just with 2 skills because all the ones offered through the quests were stuff I didn't want. While I could wear the ones I chose, they split the exp (skills level as well) between them and if I can't use a skill there's not much point, they have level caps so if i wanted to boost one really high and give it to a new character I can't. There's no auction house type thing to buy skills you either get them through quests or find them on the ground, you could use the dreaded trade chat but that hasn't actually helped me.

The economy, while interesting for a while, is just bad. Item worth in the beginning is just based on item size and not what it is, if it's superior, socketed, any of that, you will still get the same amount, it changes a little for rares depending on what type of magics it has but it's generally just how much crap can i fit in my inventory for maximum profit. (if you don't identify magic stuff you will gain more than if you did) Vendors sell a decent amount of crappy items which you're likely to find similar or better as soon as you've bought it. and if you want to 'upgrade' your 'money' you have to click and drag it into a separate slot, you can only stack them after you have them. selling items however is just a key combo to slide the item over.

Uniques are pretty good but for the most part there aren't many and they're pretty hard to find, some of the good ones you can use the entire game (my friend got gloves that increased magic damage by 46% for example and nothing is likely to beat that).

The game is very open in it's classes, you just start on a different place on the passive bonuses board, kind of like some of those final fantasy things. As long as you have stat points (which really aren't hard to get lots of) you can wear what you want to make your own style. (as long as you, unlike me, obtain the skills you want)

The game ends up being very gear based and if you don't have good drops you may end up farming bosses for a little bit to get some. I've found now that I die quite often and I do have some good pieces but a few items really need to be upgraded and I just can't find anything.

The potion system is pretty cool, you refill them based on killing things and you enchant them, find magics or rares of them, and some even do other things such as elemental resist or speed boosts. This is really nice until you get to a hard boss who doesn't summon friends to give you your potion charges back.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'm sure I've missed some things. It'd be nice to see some other people playing.

Meech

Meech

Dark Tyrant

• Clan Members
  • 405 posts
i've been playing it since the first weekend in feb, and i agree with what term writes. i've been abit more lucky with gem drops for the chars i've played tho :P

one thing term didnt say is that you can link gems, so that if you have lets say cleave, you can link that skill with stuff like life leech, mana leech, more weapon dmg ect ect. i think thats pretty cool.

i currently have a level 39 marauder and a level 30 templar on the europe gateway, so those that play, can add Pingle to their friend list :)
Meech

There is no IRL, only AFK!
The Master of AFK'ing

Arabth

Arabth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
having played for some time now i have more and more fun with it and its a game i will rekemed and hope more will play
my name there is arabth ofc :)

Rymdkejsaren

Rymdkejsaren

Veteran

• Clan Officers
  • 3021 posts
If I ever ARPG again it will probably be Grim Dawn.

"It's only hubris if I fail." - Gaius Julius Ceasar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users