Welcome to DTE Gaming
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bounty Tactics

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Wolf

Wolf

GW2 Leader

• Junior Clan Officers
  • 195 posts
Ok, so you all know the basics of what a guild bounty mission involves.. but how to take them on in a more efficient way?
Answer: Split into parties of 5 and assign each one a colour, using that colour to identify specific parts of the targets route the team will much more effectively track it down!

Most maps have start locations (there will be a nearby waypoint..) for each colour, if there are not any, use that extremely rare skill you possess: common sense!

Some targets have extremely complicated pathing and may reset (teleport..) partway through their paths - if everyone has completed their assigned routes and not found him, run back and forth until you do!

With a few exceptions, you should always be running in the opposite direction the NPC is! (so go against the little arrows)

Your party needs to assign the following colours!
PINK - GREEN - YELLOW - ORANGE - RED

But Wolf.. why no blue?

2-Mult (Timberline Falls)
Spoiler

Ander “Wildman” Westward (Southsun Cove)
Spoiler

Bookworm Bwikki (Lornar’s pass)
Spoiler

Brekkabek (Harathi Hinterlands)
Spoiler

Crusader Michiele (Sparkfly Fen)
Spoiler

Big Mayana (Sparkfly Fen)
Spoiler

Deputy Brooke (Snowden Drifts)
Spoiler

Devious Teesa (Frostgorge Sound)
Spoiler

Diplomat Tarban (Brisban Wildlands)
Spoiler

Half Baked Komali (Mount Maelstrom)
Spoiler

Poobadoo (Kessex Hills)
Spoiler

Prisoner 1141 (Iron Marches)
Spoiler

Shaman Arderus (Fireheart Rise)
Spoiler

Short-Fuse Felix (Diessa Plateau)
Spoiler

Sotzz the Scallywag (Gendarran Fields)
Spoiler

Tricksy Trekksa (Blazeridge Steppes)
Spoiler

Trillia Midwell (Fields of Ruin)
Spoiler

Yanoka The Rat Wrangler (Fields of Ruin)
Spoiler

Most of these maps were based on the pathing maps posted on Dulfy's website - credit goes to the dedicated players who helped Dulfy organize such valuable information!

Copyright stuffs probably still belongs to Arenanet so dont be trying to sell these or anything..

Rhodry

Rhodry

GW2 Treasurer

• Clan Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
I'll sell it to the french!

Could be a workable strategy :) The only problem I see with this is that Dani will always want pink, can't allow that

Dani

Dani

Clan Leader

• Clan Leaders
  • 873 posts
That's just a colour coded version of what I did when we had 6 people :P "X take upper left waypoint on the map we go to, y take middle left.." ... "and follow the path in the opposite direction of the arrows!" Seemed to work well as people had an idea of where to start. Colour coded is nice too, though we may end up with more people than colours at times!
The Girl

Wolf

Wolf

GW2 Leader

• Junior Clan Officers
  • 195 posts
wow i like.. blew up my thread trying to merge it and stuffs, forums can be scary :P

and yeah the assign people to specific areas of a zone is fairly good, worked so far, but this idea is more to provide a fun method for smaller groups to challenge themselves instead of relying on sheer numbers - its hopefully going to serve as an alternative to the send one person to find each of the 15 potential targets before we even start (wasting time for 9-12 people and generally taking way too much organization to sort out)

Rymdkejsaren

Rymdkejsaren

Veteran

• Clan Officers
  • 3021 posts
Heh I have broken these forums more than once, including once when mos had to pull a backup and do a completely fresh install. So keep trying!

"It's only hubris if I fail." - Gaius Julius Ceasar

Rhodry

Rhodry

GW2 Treasurer

• Clan Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
How did you manage that RK? You should try to press those buttons again sometime.

And yes wolf, thread merge features can be a bit dodgy. Managed to ruin stuff once years ago that way as well. Didn't manage to do what RK did though one other person with admin once managed to drop the entire database accidentally there.

Sheshka

Sheshka

Cat

• Clan Members
  • 176 posts
As a tactic suggestion, I'd recommend a signup sheet or something, so you actually have an idea of numbers. It's pretty much the closest GW2 comes to raids, and TS right now seems like a bit of a clusterfuck. Signups + some preemptive group organisation would mean people could know what they're supposed to be doing without the name vs voice confusion on TS.
meow

Wolf

Wolf

GW2 Leader

• Junior Clan Officers
  • 195 posts
unfortunately just about everyone ends up as a "maybe" so signup sheets just wouldnt work, it would involve nagging people so much that they would hate me :P

a bit of pre organizing of groups is probably a good idea to sort a list of targets, including the bigger ones needing 2+ people trying to find it, didnt have much problem with the voice/name thing as its more if SOMEONE is on x target etc then thats ok

as you said it was a bit of a clusterfuck but despite that we did fairly well, hopefully tommorows attempts will be easier now we have a good concept of how things should play out :)

Wolf

Wolf

GW2 Leader

• Junior Clan Officers
  • 195 posts
Now updated to include the 3 new bounty targets.
I have learnt some interesting new information such as you can no longer stop an NPC by talking to them

To remove the fire shield on kamali you need EVERYONE to stop attacking him for a moment, let a mesmer throw null field on him to strip the stability, then you can knock him out of the fire shield and he will die superfast, he gets might for each time he is attacked which is why boonstripping never seems to work... too many people attacking him

I advise you all to have another read through of Dulfy's very comprehensive guide, it has been updated with alot of useful info on the fight mechanics for various bosses!

Rhodry

Rhodry

GW2 Treasurer

• Clan Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

To remove the fire shield on kamali you need EVERYONE to stop attacking him for a moment, let a mesmer throw null field on him to strip the stability, then you can knock him out of the fire shield and he will die superfast, he gets might for each time he is attacked which is why boonstripping never seems to work... too many people attacking him

This part sounds awful if there are a couple of random people "helping", but it is very good to know it's possible to kill it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users