Welcome to DTE Gaming
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cardhunter

- - - - - Turn-based Strategy Free Cardhunter

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Rymdkejsaren

Rymdkejsaren

Veteran

• Clan Officers
  • 3021 posts

Let's hunt some cards!

I found out about this through mos who gave me a key for it. I am enjoying the game quite a lot, and it has the advantage of being playable on pretty much any computer, and I assume also pads. It runs through the browser but is surprisingly well made. It looks good and the gameplay is simple yet has deep tactics. I find it a lot more fun and rewarding than for example Scrolls.

If you want a second opinion, here is what RPS says: http://www.rockpaper...-3/#more-156395

It is currently in beta and you can apply for a spot, from what I hear you get in quite fast now. There will be a wipe before it goes live but you can play now and learn the game. It has MP of all types though I have not really tried that yet as I am still learning.

The game is free but has a paid currency (you bribe your GM with pizza) with which you can get ahead (but it is not pay to win since all items can be gained through playing). Realistically if you want to be "serious" you may want to spend a bit of money but it is completely playable free.

Have a look and sign up here: http://www.cardhunter.com/

"It's only hubris if I fail." - Gaius Julius Ceasar

Sheshka

Sheshka

Cat

• Clan Members
  • 176 posts

I think the game is worth unofficially dubbing "Hardcunter", but that's just me.

I signed up to the beta on the premise that it has cards or something, and I have a secret love of card based things.

meow

Rymdkejsaren

Rymdkejsaren

Veteran

• Clan Officers
  • 3021 posts

Yeh you have characters that you get loot for but instead of stuff having stats they give you a set of cards for your character's deck. Each character's deck determines all of the actions available to them (including movement). Combining them in fun and new ways is part of what makes it interesting.

Edited by Rymdkejsaren, 28 July 2013 - 12:59 PM.

Sheshka

Sheshka

Cat

• Clan Members
  • 176 posts

I got an invite yesterday, I've not played yet, but I've signed up.  I did a quick launch to check the UI and it looks interesting for sure, I wanna have a bit more of a go this weekend when I find time.

meow

Rymdkejsaren

Rymdkejsaren

Veteran

• Clan Officers
  • 3021 posts

Cool. I just got three keys, going to check with my nephew if he wants one but two are up for grabs! Let me know here, first come first serve!

mosi

mosi

Llama

• Clan Officers
  • 2109 posts
  • LocationWilloughton
  • Steam:mosimo

Got one too. Played a few quick games in the tutorial and it seems promising so far. Been busy with other stuff to play much more but I recon it's one to keep an eye on.

mosi-sig-ttd2.png

DaRK oMeN XIII

DaRK oMeN XIII

• Validating
  • 1191 posts

OMG Why haven't I seen this topic before ? ?? ?? ?

Edit: Signed up for Beta

Edited by DaRK oMeN XIII, 09 August 2013 - 10:49 AM.

Sheshka

Sheshka

Cat

• Clan Members
  • 176 posts

Seems to work pretty nicely on 1011px :D am pleased.  

meow

Rymdkejsaren

Rymdkejsaren

Veteran

• Clan Officers
  • 3021 posts

You should get in fast omen but otherwise let me know, I have one more spare key.

DaRK oMeN XIII

DaRK oMeN XIII

• Validating
  • 1191 posts

I got in. Pretty fun, haven't done the MP part yet though.

Rymdkejsaren

Rymdkejsaren

Veteran

• Clan Officers
  • 3021 posts

I've played a bunch but am giving it a rest until release since everything gets reset. I really like it though.

Rymdkejsaren

Rymdkejsaren

Veteran

• Clan Officers
  • 3021 posts

http://forums.cardhu...announced.3231/

Card Hunter is live on September 12th. I will start playing again and there should be a friends lists included so add me if you play.

Sheshka

Sheshka

Cat

• Clan Members
  • 176 posts

http://forums.cardhu...announced.3231/

Card Hunter is live on September 12th. I will start playing again and there should be a friends lists included so add me if you play.

Yay.  Hopefully I'll be Sheshka, so ... that.

meow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users