Welcome to DTE Gaming
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Civilization V

- - - - - Civilization V

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Rymdkejsaren

Rymdkejsaren

Veteran

• Clan Officers
  • 3021 posts

What with Civ V and expansions being cheap at http://www.humblebundle.com/ how about we get some turn-based strategy games going? I could see myself playing this for long hours on a Sunday, or perhaps turning in turns throughout the week (if that is possible somehow).

"It's only hubris if I fail." - Gaius Julius Ceasar

Nanuq

Nanuq

Dark Tyrant

• Clan Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

I always fail in the game but always up for it aswell

mosi

mosi

Llama

• Clan Officers
  • 2109 posts
  • LocationWilloughton
  • Steam:mosimo
Think you need to stay connected for turns. I could be convinced to play some civ if I'm not busy. Just gimme a poke and we'll see

mosi-sig-ttd2.png

Armgas

Armgas

Robot Veteran

• Veterans
  • 914 posts

Yeah, afaik you need all the players to be online to play it. It is however a great game, just takes a long time to complete each game. I think quite a few of us have the game already.

Bonus info: They recently changed the game so it is touch enabled with custom touch gestures so you no longer need a mouse to play it. This basicly makes it the best touch Integrated game ever made. Kudos for doing this long after game release just to please the gamers.

Hail the empire.
Screw the emperor.

Nanuq

Nanuq

Dark Tyrant

• Clan Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

doesn't require all players to be on, but is ofc prefered as the ai that takes control when a player disconnects from a game or isn't there when/if resuming a save will 99,9% certainty screw up everything for that player (alters productions and city focuses and is generally super crap with their units)

Unfortunately tho imo they've made the netcode a little worse from civ4 as the game seems to slow down more and needs to "re-sync" more often on the bigger maps. Haven't even bothered trying on a bigger map now than standard.

Rymdkejsaren

Rymdkejsaren

Veteran

• Clan Officers
  • 3021 posts

Regarding connection issues: apparently the game is sensitive to having multiple network adapters active. So go into network settings, change adapter settings and turn off any extra adapters (hamachi, evolve etc).

"It's only hubris if I fail." - Gaius Julius Ceasar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users